Friday 15 June 2012

Coffee and Chat


On a Tuesday and Friday morning is 'Coffee and Chat' from 9-10.30am, this activity is aimed at the parents who are dropping their children off at school; however, we now welcome 'outside people' who have an appointment with 'someone' relating to the school or parents who are also waiting to see the class teacher, head teacher etc..

I have to admit that Coffee and Chat is a challenge because I don't find it easy to be confined to a particular space for a period of time nor I am the best person at making teas and coffees.

Recently, though, I have been reading Luke 7:36-50 (Jesus welcomes a weeping woman) and you can read the passage by clicking here. The writer of the commentary, I'm reading, that accompanies this passage says this:-

In this beautiful story from Luke's Gospel we find Jesus keeping company with pain.  A woman comes to him and she is clearly distressed, but his first response isn't to try and fix her.  He simply allows her to weep on him.  Jesus, whose heart must have longed to help and make it all OK, just stays with her while she offloads her pain.  Only when she has finished does he speak the words of healing she needs to hear.

This morning the reality of that lesson hit home as, once again, I had the priviledge just to listen to people's stories in the knowledge that, maybe, I have been the only person who has.

Mother Teresa's Daily Prayer
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment